April 1, 2018

Golf Season Starts

Sketchbook ~ The Players Course at Wyboo, Front 9
Sketchbook ~ The Players Course at Wyboo, Back 9
Sketchbook ~ Santee Cooper, Front 9
Sketchbook ~ Santee Cooper, Back 9
New year, new golf sketches. Golf vacation in Santee, South Carolina. Santee Cooper was one of the four courses we played. The Players Course at Wyboo was another of the courses. 

Spring officially begins March 20, but for me the month of April says spring. It also says golf season, our annual golf vacation is in April. For the next 6 months or so, I play golf when I can and I sketch golf holes. I started in Spring of 2016 and am now in my third dedicated golf sketchbook. I am going to continue with this obsession of sketching every golf hole I play. By the end of 2017 golf season I had reached 720 golf holes, ranging from Ontario to Arizona. These quick sketches, some completed on location, most completed from photo reference later, are so loose and free. I like them better than most finished pieces of artwork that I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment