February 5, 2017

Home Portraits

Alex's Home, ink and watercolour, 3.5 x 5.5  inches, ©2016
This home portrait is now in Ottawa, Ontario, framed and hanging in the hallway. The challenge with this one was that there was a tree right in front of the house, so in order to draw the home, I had to flip back and forth between a number of views. The pattern and colour of the brickwork on this mid-century modern home was interesting but also very challenging.

For home commissions, the size that I typically work is about 4 x 6 inches or smaller with matt size being 8 x 10 inches. The standard size makes framing easy and allows the customer to choose their own style. I can work from photos, but I need good quality and a variety of views. I really prefer to visit in person, but that is not always an option. More samples of home commissions on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment