November 17, 2011

Sketching Dundas Steet

Before work on Wednesday, spent a couple of hours sketching downtown. This is view of Dundas Steet, north side, from 3rd floor of library. Started drawing the interesting brickwork on facade of The Yew Tree building, with the contrasting One Londo Place in background. Next door to that is Attic Books. I had never been there, and I had a  few estra minutes before work, so I stopped in.

Attic Books is one of the largest second hand booksellers in the country. I purchased "Historic Streetscapes of Huron County"  from April 1981, written and illustrated by Nicholas Hill. What great little book with lovely pen and ink drawings from all the small towns of Huron County, where I grew up. Interesting I was not charged tax, because it was local history book.

Sketch of Dundas Street

No comments:

Post a Comment