October 10, 2011

No computer for 2 weeks

I consider that a real vacation, I didn't touch a computer for over 2 weeks, lots and lots of sketching and drawing with this trip - Novack Avid Traveller "Artists in Italy" lead by Kevin and Daphne Bice. I highly recommend this type of travel... great combination of scheduled events/dinners/etc with lots of free time to what we want, when we want.

I managed to do 8 finished drawings on location and about 35 sketches from Cortona, Florence, Ravena and Venice. I will post some samples in next few days/weeks. Unfortunately, back to reality means back to work and I have lots of work to catch up on. One more day of holidays, so we will play golf this afternoon... 'cause the temperature is going to be 25 degrees and sunny! Speaking of golf...  this past summer I started taking a small sketch book with me when golfing (as seen in many of my posts). I spent my waiting time sketching golf holes and I just realized how much that helped me in "seeing and drawing faster".

No comments:

Post a Comment