June 17, 2010

Philadelphia

I had the opportunity to visit to Philadelphia this week with some members of the London Potters Guild. 2 days is not enough time ... Philadelphia is a historic, cultural, beautiful city. I had never thought of Philadelphia as a city I must visit, but it is city well worth visiting.

We visited The Clay Studio in Philadelphia. Interesting and informative, a vision for the future of the London Clay Art Centre.... the whole purpose of the trip. Tuesday morning, we visited Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens. Isaiah Zagar is an award-winning mosaic mural artist whose work can be found on over 100 public walls throughout the city of Philadelphia and around the world. We did allot of walking, so I had time to figure out what and where I wanted to draw. Tuesday afternoon I had time to do just that... sit and draw. I choose the historic neighbourhood by the hotel we stayed at, Spruce and 12 street. I did some quick sketches in my sketch book and then completed this drawing on location. I wish I had more time there.

1 comment: